Wednesday, January 29, 2014

What A Combo....WIP & Fear!

 
 
 
If I sat and stared at Riley Blake long enough--
some idea will come--Right?
Ahhh NO!---The only thing I got was Fearful!
 
 
 
 
This is how I felt.
Less that sweet smile.
(Thank You, Denise-I love her!)


So...what is one to do?
 Put on music, pour wine, graph a plan and slice away.


 At this point I had to say
"It Is What It Is" 
 Riley Blake Challenge has been a WIP and
a real challenge--
For me!

So I am now turning the bend--
the binding will go on and so will I.
(stay tuned-in for binding completion  this week)


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
 

Which leads into a great post today from  
Lissa at ModaLissaBlogSpot on Fear which you can read here.
  
 
This is my reply comment to Lissa's post:
FEAR NOT---I have been following for awhile and enjoy all that you have posted. As time is ticking on in life I have been finding my personal voice and rolling with it. If people don't care for what I post-they have the right to unsubscribe and click away. I never want to offend or be offended--what's the saying "Play Nice!" Usually if you are thinking it--so is the majority out in Blog Land. So sharing is Great! Plus I love reading tidbits of the personal lives--I get to know them better! Like I know you more today than yesterday and that is a good thing! Hi I am Helen--can you come out and play?
 
 
 
So does fear get in your way?
When I am not looking fear has a way of creeping in.







Something to think about.
 You've only got three choices in life: Give up, give in or give it all you've got. 
more at Tom Ziglar



 
 
Till We Quilt Again,
 

 


6 comments:

  1. Stopping in from WIP Wednesday. It's amazing how much pressure we put on ourselves to come up with "the perfect" challenge project, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not kidding about pressure! And when it is all said and done--it should at least be something that we enjoyed doing verses the pressure we inflict on ourselves on getting done!

      Delete
  2. I have a quilt on my frame right now that I am fearful of, only because I don't know what the heck to quilt on it. It's my own quilt, too! Tomorrow there is no excuse, just do it! I liked Lissa's post, too. And your challenge came out A-Ok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many times the quilting idea comes in the prep time for me. But it really stinks when the prep time has ended and I just stand there completely blank! The "Just Do It" philosophy is the way to go. Good Luck--I'll be think-in of ya!

      Delete
  3. I can relate to you and Barb with the quilting! I've been quilting on my LA for 5 years and 3 years ago I had a quilt of mine that I put on the frame (and took it off again) 3 times before the quilt would talk to me and tell me what it wanted! It is difficult when I am quilting for a customer and I don't know what to quilt...and I have a deadline on it!!! Been struggling with a design for a quilt I've had a month...it still isn't talking to me, and it's the next one in the queue for quilting. Love your challenge quilt - sometimes all that beautiful empty space to play in...with different colored thread or threads that disappear leaving only awesome texture! Fear...of being judged to be lacking, yeah

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a comfort to know that you/I are not the only ones. With a challenge, a customer quilt and our own quilt. Most times a quilting design feels like a easy conception for what is needed. But sometimes I get these real mind boggling quilts and then have to cross my fingers and hope I made the right choice! However I only have ripped out a few!! And for the challenge, I feel I will have the binding done by tomorrow and be glad to have this one done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by and leaving a few words. I will answer questions for all to read or you can email me privately for a private response. Either way I will answer you soon. Till We Quilt Again, Helen