Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Mr. Happy Bird With Balls (and without)!

Yes, you read it right!
 

My "Happy Bird With Balls"
The pattern had appliqued balls. However I wanted to keep the quilt up during all the winter months, so the balls hang from buttons attached to the branches.
I also changed them, by cutting up a doilies from the thrift shop.
 
 
As of today "My Happy Bird" is ball-less
for the remainder winter months.
(the photo looks a bit bland but it is perfect for the winter)
 
 
 
 
 My first attempt at this style of snow flakes.
I need a bit more time on getting those down, but it is all mine.
So I am Happy!
 
 
 
 
 
A few photos!

Birches were raw edged appliqued on the frame.

Was going for chilly background.


Feathers 

 Mr. Happy Bird was appliqued while flying traveling from New Jersey to Pennsylvania to a neat B & B for a little get-away.  
 
 
 
Happy New Year &
Till We Quilt Again,
 



Linked with Marelize at:
stitch by stitch

5 comments:

  1. Love it!! Great quilting!!!!! Love the idea of using buttons to hold the balls on - just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You so much. I like when you can have your piece last longer than a few weeks, especially if you enjoy looking at it! Thank You for the nice comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to make this work for more than one season. I love your quilting and your snowflakes. And am impressed you appliqued the trees with your longarm. Where did you find that tree fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little bird! Your snowflakes look pretty fantastic to me!
    twiggyandopal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's stunning quilting, and the bird is sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for stopping by and leaving a few words. I will answer questions for all to read or you can email me privately for a private response. Either way I will answer you soon. Till We Quilt Again, Helen